About Crane Song Photography
“At Crane Song Photography, we believe that every person and every event has a story — and it’s our job to help you tell it.”
— Hildi Todrin
Crane Song Photography is a high-touch, boutique studio
We focus on you, our client, to ensure that your photographic experience from first contact to final product presentation is as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Whether you’re planning a family portrait, Bar or Bat Mitzvah, senior portrait, or other special event, we can help you capture the emotion, the laughter and the memories. As the parents of a special needs child, we have extensive experience and sensitivity photographing typical and special needs individuals.
Our studio name was inspired by the crane, a majestic and beautiful bird that lives up to 80 years and mates for life. The crane is a powerful symbol of tradition, family and memories.
Our approach to your photographic experience focuses on the following elements:
- Understanding each family member’s needs. We spend time getting to know your family through a thoughtful questionnaire and a pre-consultation so you know how to plan and what to expect from your session.
- Creating a comfortable experience. We’re very observant and sensitive to family dynamics. Our goal is to make every family member feel comfortable during your session.
- Using a seamless and unobtrusive approach. We capture the special moments and details of your event, without intruding. We make sure that everyone is involved and happy.
After your event or portrait session, we continue to make your experience smooth and easy. We sort through all the images, selecting only the very best for you to review. In addition, for events we offer our Signature Album Pre-design service. We create an album design that tells the story of your day as we saw it. It’s the first thing you will see, not hundreds of images, which can be daunting to go through. You can edit this design, but we’re not asking you to design your album yourself.
Who are Hildi and David Todrin?
Hildi Todrin is the President and primary photographer; her husband, David, assists at larger events. Hildi takes the time to really understand each person and his or her sensitivities, comfort zones and preferences. As parents of a special needs daughter, Hildi and David bring an intuitive understanding of the unique needs of each individual they photograph.
The result is incredible photographs that capture the personality of each individual, while making the process smooth and stress-free.
Grounded in community… and giving back to community
Crane Song Photography is a business that is grounded in compassion, understanding and personal connections — and giving back is a key element of those values. This happens in a variety of ways, from donating professional services (either directly to organizations and/or as items for their fundraising auctions), to volunteering time, and monetary gifts.
Over four years, we have contributed to the following organizations:
- Stamford Symphony
- Special Olympics CT
- Winston Preparatory School CT (Norwalk)
- Healing Hearts (Stamford)
- Pilot House (Fairfield)
- Friendship Circle (Stamford)
- Circle of Friends (Westport)
- Food Bank of CT (Stamford)
- King Low Heywood Thomas
- Ridgefield Academy
- Carmel Academy (Greenwich)
- Darien YWCA
- Greenwich YWCA
- Northeast Elementary School (Stamford)
- West School (New Canaan)
- Jewish Community Center (Stamford)
- Temple Sinai Stamford
- Temple Sholom Greenwich
- Fairfield County Children’s Choir
- BNI (Stamford-Friday)
- Kids Helping Kids
- Wilton Woman’s Club
- The Child Guidance Center (Stamford)
Interests, Passions and Other Pursuits
Outside of photography, here are a few things that also make us happy:
- Family time with Maya
- Our yellow lab, Posie
- Multi-layer pinball games
- Harney’s Tea, especially Paris & Hot Cinnamon
- NY Rangers
- NY Yankees
- Hildi’s scratch brownies (a family favorite!)
- Red Wine, especially Malbec
- Cinnamon Red Hots
- Jigsaw puzzles, even the ones with teeny tiny pieces (lots of them!)
- Walt Disney World
- Good dark chocolate. This one bears repeating! Good, dark chocolate. David makes it clear that this is an important food group!
Okay, so a couple of photography related things make us happy too:
- Newly received, bright gold and black Nikon boxes
- Alright, Westcott boxes too!
Do you have an upcoming photography need? If so, we’d love to learn how we might help. For more information, call 203.273.8084 or email Hildi@CraneSongPhotography.com today.